Make your own embossing buddy There are two types of embossing buddies, one has powder inside while the other is made from tumble dryer tissues. Use them to rub over you card prior to stamping and using embossing powder or when adding glitter. It reduces Static and stops the embossing powder from stick where it isn't wanted.
This tutorial describes both:
Powder Embossing Buddy
1. You need a large table spoon full of unperfumed talcum powder, or cornflour a knee high sock and an elastic band.
2. Open the sock and pour in the powder. Twist the sock and turn it inside out to trap the powder.
3.Twist and turn several times until you get to the top of the sock. There should be several layers of sock surrounding the powder.
4. Secure the top with an elastic band and the buddy is complete.
Tumble Dryer Tissue Embossing Buddy:
1. Collect several used tumble dryer tissues and layer them one on top of the other. Make sure they have been used several times.
2. Fold to form a pad of tissue. Use another sheet to cover and secure with an elastic band.
These are the two completed embossing buddies. The left is the powder version and the right uses the dryer tissues.