by Beate Johns
Use re-inker and shaving cream to get a wonderful smelling background.
- Shaving cream
- 2-3 Dye ink pad re-inkers (Frayed Burlap and Spiced Marmelade Distress Reinkers used here)
- Wooden stick
- Container (Paper plate used here)
- Paper towels
- Stamps,The Cat's Pajama's Fright Nightused here
Step 1Fill your container with shaving cream.
- Use a wooden stick to smooth it out a bit.
Step 2Add several drops of each of your re-inkercolors to your shaving cream.
Step 3Mix shaving cream and re-inker in a swirling motion.
Step 4Continue to mix until you like the design/swirls you see
Step 5Press your cardstock into the shaving cream. Make sure the card front is completely coated.
Step 6Pull cardstock out of the shaving cream.
Step 7 (Optional)Lay another piece of cardstock on top of the one covered in shaving cream. Press together, then pull apart. giving you two shaving cream coated pieces of cardstock.
- This will give you two shaving cream coated pieces of cardstock.
Step 8Take a paper towel and wipe away the shaving cream in a swirling motion.
Step 9Let dry.
Step 10Finish your card. Either layer an image on top or stamp directly onto the background.
From Split coast stampers