Thursday, September 19, 2013

Folded Christmas Tree Card and How to Make it

 
Folded Christmas Tree Card See Article on My Blog How Make This Tree


Dimensions 5.50 by 4.25
Embossed cream card stock
Cream card stock cut at 5.25 by 4.25
Ribbon in red
Cut one red card stock to make rectangle at 2.25 by 1.50
Cut one cream rectangle at 2.00 by  1.25
Stamped on rectangle saying
Sequins red ,white and sliver

Folded Christmas Tree Card

I saw a few of these folded trees last year, but never got around to trying it.  Until this past weekend, that is.  I cased  this card on Inkspired Treasures blog.  She has a pdf for the pattern for folding here.   I practiced with copy paper before messing up a piece of designer paper and my first one still isn't perfect.  You can see at the top left that I didn't fold it quite right.  But I still think the card is still presentable.
You need to cut a 5-1/4 circle (I used an old non Stampin Up cutting system).  Then cut that circle in half and make 3 folds.  I had a scrap of the paper used on this card big enough for 1 circle which yielded 2 trees.  I had a whole sheet of another pattern from the same pack, which made 8 more trees.  After a few, I finally got it down.
The original card used a gold glitter brad for the top of the tree, but it just wasn't working for me.  I remembered that my new Holiday Framelits (sizzix  died)has a little star in it. So I used that with Silver Glimmer paper and I like it much better. 
Stamp Set:  Christmas Greetings (retired) stampin up
Card Stock:  old olive, cherry cobbler, very vanilla, early espresso,  jolly holiday designer paper (retired), silver glimmer paper
Stamp Pad:  cherry cobbler
Other:  basic rhinestones, dimensional, old olive 1-1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon (retired), linen thread, petals-a-plenty embossing folder  holiday framelits, big shot.
www.bonnellsstamping.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment