Sliding Pop-Up Card
by Kim Score
Create a card that moves, pops and stands all at once with this sliding pop-up technique.
- Score board and bone folder, or scoring blade for paper cutter
- Strong adhesive
- 1" Circle punch
- One 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of heavy cardstock for card base
- One 5 3/8" x 4" piece of heavy cardstock for pop-up back
- One 1 1/2" x 9" piece of patterned paper for sliding wrap
- One 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" piece of heavy cardstock for pop-up front
- One 1" x 2 3/4" piece of heavy cardstock for back pop-up mechanism
- One 1/2" x 1 1/2" piece of heavy cardstock for front pop-up mechanism
Step 1Stamp or emboss pop-up back as desired.
Score the following pieces as follows:
5 3/8" x 4" - score at 1 1/2" on long side
1 1/2" x 2 1/2" - score at 1/2" on long side
1" x 2 3/4" - score at 1/2" on each end
1/2” x 1 1/2” - score at 1/2" on each end
Apply adhesive below score lines. For 1" x 2 3/4" piece, tape one end then flip to other side and tape other end.
Step 2Attach sliding wrap at bottom of pop-up back.
- Attach pop-up front piece on score line of pop-up back.
Attach front pop-up mechanism at score line of pop-up front piece.
Step 3Fold front pop-up mechanism towards score line of pop-up back.
Step 4While holding pop-up mechanism in place, fold pop-up back forward to adhere to pop-up mechanism.
- Pop-up front should now be assembled as shown.
Step 5Fold down flat and apply tape to one end of wrap. Place card base behind pop-up back with bottom edges aligned. Turn over and adhere wrap piece in back (don’t stick to card base!). Wrap should be snug but allow card to lay flat.
Step 6Slide card base out from wrap and stamp greeting about 1” from bottom. Punch through pop-up back piece as shown.
Step 7Adhere back pop-up mechanism 1” from edge of card base and lay flat.
Step 8Slide wrap piece onto card base. Line up sliding wrap at bottom of card base and then fold flat, adhering to back pop-up mechanism.
- Add stamped or punched pieces to front of pop-up.
Step 9Your image will pop up when you pull on thecard base. From Spilt Coast Stamper