Friday, January 24, 2014

Card in Box

Card in a Box!
I hope this post isn't too long!  
We have all been working on many different projects - so I thought I would share my newest project! 
I found this technique on Pinterest (of course)  -and fell in love with it!  Monica Gale does a fabulous video with great instructions!  She does do the measurements in Centimeters.  I will give you the measurements in inches below.  At least it is the measurements I used.  Check out her video first to get an idea of how to make this adorable card/box!
I used a piece of 12 x 12 card stock and cut it at 5 7/8.  You will score on the 12 inch side at
2 3/4, 5 1/2, 8 1/4 and 11 inches.   Then turn your card stock so the short side is at the top of your score board and score at 2 3/4.   You can follow Monica's instructions from here.  I didn't add the measurements for the decorative paper since I think everyone may have a different idea of how much of a rim they like to have showing around your decorative paper.
 
For the inserts measurements - I used 3.75 inches x 1 inch and then scored each end at 1/2 inch.

I used the owl punch to make the little penguins.  Their little flippers are the ears of the owls. I love that Stampin Up punch!
www.callalilystudio.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment