by Beate Johns
Create a card with a built-in easel.
- One 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock (look for alternate measurements under variation)
- One 4 1/4" square piece of cardstock
- Scor-Pal™, or other scoring tool
- Scor-Tape™, or other strong adhesive
- Additional cardstock for card inside and card front
- Stamps, Taylored Expressions Discover your Wings used here
- Ink and Embellishments
Step 1Score the 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock at 4 1/4" and 6 3/8".
On a Scor-Pal, the 6 3/8" measurement is marked with a dot on the upper guide.
Step 2Prefold all score lines.
First fold the card in half, then fold the second score line (6 3/8") opposite from the 4 1/4" score line.
Step 3Place cardstock on table with the 4 1/4" side down.
Add Scor-Tape to the 2 1/8" x 4 1/4" section cardstock that is facing up.
Step 4Remove the Scor-Tape liner and adhere the 4 1/4" cardstock square to the card base.
Line up the top of the square with the top of the 2 1/8" x 4 1/4" section.
This creates the easel card base.
Step 5Decorate the card front.
Step 6Decorate the card inside.
To make the easel card stand up by itself, add an embellishment or an extra layer (for this sample, it's the punched layer) the inside of your card. This that will keep the card front from closing.
It is best to have that embellishment or layer at least 1/3" into the card from the bottom up.
Regular card size (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
Start out with a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of cardstock and score at 5 1/2" and 8 1/4". Your card front piece will measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2.
Start out with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock and score at 4 1/4" and 6 3/8". Your card front piece will measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
Other card sizes
You can make any card size into an Easel card.
Your Easel base will measure two times the height of the card front.
For a 3" x 6" card start out with a 6" square for the easel base. Score at 3" (height of finished card) and 1 1/2" ( 1/2 of height of card).
Circular Easel Card
- Cut a circular card base out with die templates. To do that, fold your cardstock in half, and line up the side with the fold so that part of that fold won't be cut.
- Score one of the circle card sides in half and fold the other half up.
- Add adhesive to the folded up 1/2 circle.
- Adhere another circle shape, cut with the same die you used to cut the card base, to the 1/2 circle.
- Article from SpiltCoast Stampers
Used Love Struck cartridge for 2010
Sweethearts from Love Struck cut at 3.00
Used wall decor and more cartridge to cut corners with
They were cut at 1.00 and cut four
Embossed back ground
Pearls were added
Shaped for stamping came Sweet Hearts Cartridge
Shape cut at 3.00