Gel (Water) Card
by Beate Johns
This is a wonderful touch and feel card. No one can resist to play with it for a bit! You will definitely WOW the recipient of this card.
- Patterned Paper (optional)
- Ziploc™ bag ( 3" square bag used here)
- Hair gel
- Circle Nestabilities™ die or other circular die or punch
- Scor-Tape™, or other strong double sided adhesive
Step 1Squeeze some hair gel into your ziploc™ bag. Only add enough to cover the inside of the bag. Too much gel might cause the bag to "pop" later on.
- Press excess air out of the bag, close it and spread the gel evenly over the entire inside of the bag.
Step 2Adhere and decorate your card front layers.
Step 3Cut a window into your layers with your circle die.
Step 4Turn your card front around and add Scor-Tape™ around your window.
Step 5Adhere your gel bag over the opening.
Step 6Create a scene for behind your gel bag window.
Step 7Adhere your scene behind the window..
Step 8Adhere the layers to your card front with dimensionals and finish decorating the card.
If you plan to send a gel card through the mail, use a padded envelope to prevent the gel bag from popping.From Spilt Coast Stampers